If you need to connect the Bluetooth headsets to your laptop, the first thing you have to check is whether you have the option for Bluetooth pairing or not. If not you have to buy the dongle to connect the Bluetooth headsets.
NOTE: Check with your system whether it has the capability of connecting the devices using Bluetooth
Nowadays, most of the laptops are coming with built-in Bluetooth capability, if you are unable to look at them try these steps to check you whether have Bluetooth or not.
Follow these steps to check whether the Bluetooth is available or not
- In the search bar, look for the device managerand click it, now you will see the various option in the device manager as below.
- You can connect with the support team or check for the software updates in your system.
- See the below picture for reference if you have the Bluetooth option like this you can connect the device wirelessly using Bluetooth.
- Sometimes it will be under the network adapters, so make sure to check that option too.
- If not you should get the dongle to pair with the devices.
Now let’s see how to connect the headset to the Laptop
- You have to switch ON the headset and then you will see the blinking lights on the headsets or some headphones will tell you are in the pairing mode.
- Search for the term Bluetooth in the search bar and you will see the option like the image shown below
- Click Bluetooth and turn it on the Bluetooth, then Tap “ Add Bluetooth or Other Device”. You will see some of the options. In that, you have to select Bluetooth, after that it will search for the device.
- Finally, you can add the headset device to your system.
If you are not having the Bluetooth capability in your Laptop/PC you can get the dongle, I’ll mention some of the dongles below for you to choose and pair with the devices.
TP-Link USB Bluetooth Adapter for PC 4.0 Bluetooth Dongle
It is the best Bluetooth dongle available on the market at a cheaper price, you can connect the Bluetooth to your system and connect with peripherals like Bluetooth Headset, mouse, printers and keyboard.
You don’t need to carry the adapter separately wherever you are going, because it is very tiny. You can plug it into your laptop and you can keep it in your backpack. The transmission distance for the Bluetooth headset is up to 10m, you will get an amazing experience while listening to music, playing games and so on.
It is supported with the Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10
Kinivo BTD400 Bluetooth USB Adapter
Kinivo Bluetooth adapter is compatible with a Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 but the Windows XP/7/Vista needs to install the CD drivers and for mac, it will install automatically. After that, you are good to go with connecting the devices.
You can connect the devices like mouse, headsets, printers and smartphones to your system. And the company claims that it consumes low energy from the PC/Laptop in which you have plugged the adapter.
It is very compact and the price is pretty reasonable, to know more about the warranty details you can check out the Kinivo site for information.
ylqxc USB Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter
The adapter will give a stable and smooth connection to your devices, the distance should be between 10 to 20m without any barrier. It will work perfectly fine and you can use the printer, headsets, and mouse but it is not suitable for mac devices.
If you need to use this device in the Windows XP/Vista/7 then install the drivers from the CD and the computer can connect your devices. It supports Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10.
Tobo Bluetooth Dongle Wireless USB 4.0 CSR Adapter
This is the best budget Bluetooth adapter on the list and the transmission rate of the adapter is up to 10m without any interruption. You can connect with the Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 but the older version (XP/7) needs to install the drivers.
One of the drawbacks of this adapter is that if your wireless mouse and keyboard have a 2.4G wireless technology this Bluetooth adapter is not recommended for you. Because it is not compatible with those devices.
You can connect with your headsets, mouse, and keyboard, lastly, this is a low power consumption adapter.
Hope you get an idea about how to do the process of connecting the Bluetooth headsets to your system.